Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

● Currently Recruiting: Feral Druid, Ret/Prot Paladin, Holy/Disc Priest, Resto Shaman ●

Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Asphodell

Asphodell

Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane Empty
PostSubject: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 3:31 pm

● Name: Sarah
● Age: 23
● Gender: Female
● Location: Anchorage, Alaska
● Server (If transfer): Kil'Jaeden
● Armory Link:: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kil%27jaeden/Asphodell/simple

● Your /played: 357 days, 14 hours, 45 mins,and 23 seconds! And that's just my mage....Handful of alts with 50-150 days /played on each of them.

● How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? About 5 1/2 years

● What other classes/roles are you familiar with and at what level have you played them?: Druid: Resto/Tanking - Priest: Holy - Shaman: Enhance/Resto

● Are you active in guild outside of raiding? Yes! I enjoy farming achievements, alt stuff, leveling, pvp, etc.

● What is your spec? What could be different/situational? Currently I play as MS Fire but I'm willing to change to Arcane as it is higher DPS on some fights in Firelands. Depending on the content/need of the guild I'm willing to play as either spec. Hell, I'll even go frost if needed!

● Explain your rotation/priority list: As Fire: Flame Orb, keeping living bomb up, one scorch for buff, fireball spam and instant pyro as they come available. Combustion when trinkets/pyro/ignite/LB are all lined up. As Arcane: Pop all cooldowns and faceroll arcane blast....(Arcane is so boring.... -.-) But seriously, pop all cooldowns for burn phase, spam AB, go into the recover phase and once cooldowns are lined up again, repeat.

● Past raiding experience: Started raiding back in Vanilla WoW when MC came out. Got into AQ and Naxx with a pretty good guild on my old server Terenas. When BC came out, my guild fell apart so I joined a friends guild and progressed through kara, mag, ssc/tk etc however that guild hit the Vashj wall and hard. Pretty soon that guild fell apart as well and so I joined with a friends guild and competitively raced towards server first Illidan and Archi. We ended up 2nd on the server for both kills however we did get the first kill in Sunwell when that came out. As Wrath approached, the guild merged with another top guild on the server and we began wrath strong. First to get Sarth 3D down and we were the only alliance guild to get Immortal 25 and the drakes that went along with that content. Went into Ulduar and got Death's Demise, as well as the drakes for that content too. Continues on through ToC and ICC. We were 2nd on server for Lich King and also had a few server firsts for some heroic bosses in ICC. Around this time however I moved to Alaska and could no longer raid their times. This brought me to a different server where I could find progressed guilds that raided a bit later than East Coast times. Joined a guild called Animosity and on my first night in the guild we killed Nef but unfortunately this guild ended up falling apart with the arrival of Rift. I quit for a few months when this happened to pursue some educational goals but I've realized playing WoW and going to college really isn't all that difficult. Thus I am in my boyfriends guild ATM, Arbitrary, and they are 2/7 HM but I unfortunately don't get to raid with them. I joined as a casual because they already had 3 raiding mages. My experience with firelands is 7/7 Reg.

● Average latency and FPS in raids: around 100 MS and a solid 60 FPS at all times

● Previous guilds: Fusion (Terenas), Ring of Fire (Terenas), Animosity (Kil'Jaeden), Arbitrary (Kil'jaeden)

● Reason for leaving previous guilds: Most fell apart. I'm still in Arbitrary but I just want to raid and I'm not getting the chance to here. I don't want to be behind when 4.3 comes out.

● Give us a link to a screenshot of your UI: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/crazyanimefreak/WoWScrnShot_061011_212758.jpg

● Do you have everything you need bound bounded? Or do you click all of your abilities? Everything I use as a main priority is bound. Even fishing! >.> The only thing I really click are some of the long cooldowns like Combustion or Time Warp.

● Give us a link to a WoL or a Screenshot to a raid performance: I unfortunately don't have this ATM however I can get one and post it if necessary.

● What have you spent your valor points on? Have you been keeping up with your daily heroics? Since I came back I've been VP capping each week. I have my tier 12 chest in my bags though I need a 2nd piece before I'll break my 4set t11 for it. I'll be able to get gloves or pants next week.

● How are your reputations for Cataclysm? This includes Therazane and whatever your head enchant is: I'm kind of an achievement whore. I'm exalted with all Cataclysm reps except for of course the new one in Firelands. I am honored with them.

● How do you feel about progression and the wiping that come with it? What kinds of things run through your head? I'm totally cool with wiping constantly. I've been in top guilds and I know what it's like to drill your head into a wall on the same boss for hours just to get the server first kill. I find it exciting!

● Why should we give you a trial? I'm consistent and reliable. I show up to raids I know I wont get an invite for in my current guild just for the off-chance they *might* need me. I know my class and I have a lot of experience when it comes to raiding. I'm also the last person you'll find not doing the job they are tasked to do. While I of course love topping meters, new content is more based around doing your job whether it's killing adds or flying through hoops above the boss. I don't tunnel vision like I know a lot of people do.

● As a person how do you take constructive criticism? What if it's harsh from the GM or Officer? I take it pretty well. Not going to go cry to mommy or start screaming angrily if that's what you mean.

● Blasting Off Again is pretty vulgar at times. Is this going to be a problem? This includes foul language, odd discussions, some playful racism, etc: Thank god Very Happy

● Raid compositions in Cataclysm favor certain variables over others. In the case of it being your class/job that needs to sit, would you be willing to do so? I really don't mind sitting. The only reason I'm peeved about not getting to raid in my current guild is cause they won't even give me a chance.

● Do you have vent and a mic, and able to use your mic when required? yes and yes!

● Our raid times are 10:00PM-1AM Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs. What would you say your attendance would be?(This should be a percentage): 100%. I live in Alaska so those times are perfect for me. Not many late night guilds on the server!

● Tell BoA more about yourself. While you're here, you're going to become "part of the family" so start off with letting us know what you enjoy/tell us a joke or story/etc: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2muSOb/d.pr/JONs Enough said. =)
Back to top Go down
Arian
Raider
Arian

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 10:33 pm

Please reexamine your gemming and enchanting. If you would change anything to better reflect your understanding of Arcane, please do so.

"As Arcane: Pop all cooldowns and faceroll arcane blast..."

Please expand on this. What cooldowns are you using? In what order are you using them? Please list any marcos you use to begin your burn phase. Please explain in detail how you manage the float phase of your rotation in such a way that demonstrates you understand how to maximize your DPS during this phase.

With your Power Torrent, DMC:V and glove tinker procs/activation the true size of your mana pool is constantly in flux. Please explain anything you are doing to track and exploit this.

Please submit a screenshot of your UI while in Arcane spec and in raid combat. Also, when you do BH this week do it as Arcane and submit a WoL report with your results.

Back to top Go down
Asphodell

Asphodell

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 11:14 pm

Arcane is a little different from the fire spec when it comes to stat priorities, however, the few basic criteria need to be met with all specs. Intellect is our highest priority once hit capped at 17%. With a t12 4 set we should then haste cap at 1768 haste before dumping all of our extra stats into Mastery. However, with the t11 4 set hitting that 1768 cap is not necessary and mastery then becomes the most important stat with a good amount of haste still in place. My gemming reflects my desire to keep my haste at a decent amount with a good amount of Mastery still in place via reforging. As I will be dropping my t11 4 set this week I will reforge when I do in order to meet that haste cap with the remaining stats focused on Mastery.

As for my enchants, I'm currently awaiting a friend in my current guild to log on so that I might switch my bracer enchant from crit to Intellect. I have the mats sitting in my bags, just need them to log on! My boot enchant has hit in order to remain perfectly at the hit cap and that is why I reforged hit into mastery on my wand to make up for it. Though I do lack the boot speed enchant this way, more often than not blink is a better means for getting out of bad then simply running.

As for my arcane rotation....I suppose a serious answer to this question is necessary since I have actually switched back to arcane.

Begin the boss fight with a pre-pot and chalice trinket macro, abx3, POM the 4th and then pop the "nuke" macro which consists of use of a mana gem, trinket slots 13/14, arcane power, mirror images, and engineering tinker. This then begins the burn phase in which I pretty much spam arcane blast within reason until around 30-40% mana depending on power torrent/trinket procs. Then evocation to go back up to full mana where I begin the neutral phase of keeping my mana between 85-95% with some mini burns if procs are available. It's important to know your limitations when it comes to mana as arcane. When evocation has around 20-30 seconds left on cool down, most of my other "burn" CDs are coming up and I'm able to go through the burn phase again. Rinse and Repeat. This usually takes place in the beginning of a fight however reserving burns for certain situations on certain fights is necessary. Fire adds on Rag for example.

As far as tracking procs go, I use Power Auras and it lets me know very visually when my procs are up and how long they have left, etc. Another decent addon is Tellmewhen, however, I prefer the visual queues of power auras instead.

As for BH, I unfortunately did it as soon as we got it this morning. I can, however, post a SS of my UI as arcane.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/crazyanimefreak/WoWScrnShot_092011_191147.jpg
Back to top Go down
Asphodell

Asphodell

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 11:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Arian
Raider
Arian

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2011, 12:23 am

Thanks for your quick response.

Last question: Will casting Invisibility drop your stacks when juggling Molten Orbs on Domo?
Back to top Go down
Solarflare
Raider
Solarflare

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2011, 12:29 am

Arian that's not a fair question only Katellia knows the answer....
Back to top Go down
Asphodell

Asphodell

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2011, 12:32 am

No clue! Only done the fight once but I'll look it up lol
Back to top Go down
Arian
Raider
Arian

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2011, 12:38 am

The correct answer is no. Invisibility by itself will never drop stacks of anykind, ever. More of a joke than anything. Our last trial mage was a little slow.

Please familiarize yourself with L2 raid videos for Heroic Beth'tilac, Shannox and Ryloth. All three of these fights will involve mechanics that our raid will count on you to understand and do flawlessly.
Back to top Go down
Asphodell

Asphodell

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2011, 12:43 am

I didn't think it would but who knows these days...WoW has changed a lot and mechanics continue to surprise me on a constant basis.

I have already watched all of L2Raid's Herioc videos today..They are quite amusing!! Very Happy Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane   Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asphodell ~ Mage ~ Fire/Arcane
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ■ Guild Recruitment-
Jump to:  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com